Position Title: Social Media Coordinator
Posting Date: Ongoing
Position Type: Voluntary, Part-Time
Hands Across the Sea believes that children are the key to Haiti’s future. We are a registered charitable organization working with needy children and families in Deschapelles, Haiti. We operate a children’s home, a school from preschool to grade 12 with over 500 students, and an outreach ministry to families in the surrounding communities. For more information, visit our About Us and Our History pages.
Do you have social media savvy & love to be online? We are looking for a volunteer to manage and expand our social media portfolio.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Heartfelt compassion and concern for the people of Haiti;
- Experience as a Social media coordinator considered an asset; however, social media savvy is required;
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Manage all social media accounts for Hands Across the Sea (HATS-Haiti);
- Source, create and edit engaging, shareable online content;
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness;
- Monitor web traffic and adapt strategies to increase interest;
- Facilitate online conversations with viewers and respond to queries;
- Report on online reviews and feedback from viewers;
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and team members.
If you would like to be considered for this position, or require more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.