Join us for an evening of entertainment … you could change a child’s life forever.
Beate Rufft and Daiylin Marinez are hosting an evening of entertainment including dance performances, lessons and general dancing. Daiylin, Shum de Salsa, will be performing dances from Haiti that were brought by slaves to Cuba.
Date: Thursday, March 9
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST
Location: 2246 Eglinton Ave W, Toronto, ON M6C, Canada
- 4 empty suitcases will be set up for opportunities to donate needed items such as:
- Fabric Bandaids – Plastic ones do not stick in the heat
- Single Bed Sheets
- Towels (Hand and Bath)
- Toothpaste & tooth brushes
- Body Lotion, unscented or barely scented
- Blackboard erasers
- Work Gloves (heavy quality)
- N95 type Dust Masks (not dollar store)
- Modest Children’s clothing & shoes (summer wear) in very good to new condition
- Modest Adult Clothing (summer wear) in very good to new condition
- School supplies (pencils, erasers, pens etc.)
Not in Toronto? No worries! If you are interested are making a donation to Hands Across the Sea, please visit our Give Where Needed Most page.
Beate is a member of the board for Hands Across the Sea. Every summer she travels to Deschapelles Haiti and volunteers at the orphanage and school. You can read some of Beate’s stories from her amazing visits to HATS on Our Blog – Beate’s Posts. Daiylin Marinez is Beate’s dance teacher. Daiylin has wanted to help Beate and the children for some time and saw an opportunity to combine the spirit of ShumdeSalsa with the spirit of giving.
Thank you Beate and Daiylin for this great idea!
Shum de Salsa
Dailyn was born in Cuba and is a passionate performer and instructor. At age 13 Dailyn started her professional training at the Juan Pablo Duarte school. In 2000 Dailyn graduated from Escuela Nacional de Espectaculos Musicales and Variedades with honours. Prior to immigrating to Canada, Dailyn instructed and performed at the Teatro America and Havana Night Dance Company.
To learn more about Daily and Shum, please visit her website Shum de Salsa.