Position Title: Accountant
Posting Date: Ongoing
Position Type: Voluntary, Part-Time
Hands Across the Sea believes that children are the key to Haiti’s future. We are a registered charitable organization working with needy children and families in Deschapelles, Haiti. We operate a children’s home, a school from preschool to grade 12 with over 500 students, and an outreach ministry to families in the surrounding communities. For more information, visit our About Us and Our History pages.
We are seeking a volunteer to help us with the annual filing of our Canadian Registered Charity Information Return.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of a College Diploma or University Degree in accounting, finance or business;
- CPA designation an asset;
- Knowledge of Canadian Charity law and/or non-profit accounting best practices an asset;
- Experience completing Canadian Registered Charity Information Returns an asset;
- Previous not-for-profit experience an asset;
- Strong communication skills;
- A high level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
- Quality control review of documents to confirm accuracy of numbers, proper authorization and completeness prior to filing;
- Prepare the Canadian Registered Charity Information Return;
- Keep confidential all financial contribution information;
- Contribute to the setting of the overall financial direction of the organization;
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and team members.
If you would like to be considered for this position, or require more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.